Why do you need my documents?
Safe gaming is one of our top priorities. To help keep Betway secure, we’re required by law to make sure you’re over the age of 18. This process is called Know Your Customer (KYC).
It's just one of the steps we take to help protect our customers and the integrity of our service.
How do I verify my account?
We'll attempt to do these checks electronically after your first deposit. But if we can't verify your details this way, we'll send you a request to forward us your documents for manual verification. If you don't receive a request, we don't need any documents from you.
Can I still play while my documents are under review?
Yes, you're free to continue with your gameplay while your documents are being reviewed.
We accept the following government issued documents as proof of your identity:
• Valid ID card (not including Scottish and Irish age cards).
• Valid photo driving licence.
• Valid passport.
We accept the following documents as proof of your address:
• Address on valid driving licence (only if you haven’t used your driving licence for proof of identity).
• Utility bill (no older than three months).
• Bank or savings account statement.
• Residence Card.
• House or Motor insurance certificate.
• Mortgage Statement.
• TV License and telephone statement (landline or fibre accounts).
Reasons we might not accept a document:
• The documents are distorted and/or not legible.
• The full document is not displayed.
• The documents were not attached to the email.
• The document has expired.
• The proof of address is older than three months.
• Your registered account details don’t match information on the documentation.
• The photos weren’t submitted in PDF or JPEG format.
For more information on verifying your account, you can read the terms and conditions here.